Travel Nurse Compliance and Licensing

When you take an assignment, there may be several different things you need to do to ensure you have the onboarding credentials you need for the job. Our specialists help you through this process to make it smooth and simple.

One of the great things about working with AHS NurseStat is we can help you set up necessary appointments or courses for compliance and even help you keep track of your documents. We know doing paperwork isn’t usually the most fun part of being a travel nurse, so we’re here to help. Our team can help guide you through what you need to do for licensure in different states for different assignments as well as schedule appointments for things like physical exams and TB tests. Our recruiters are available when you need to talk about compliance and licensing for your travel nurse assignments.

Each facility often has its own list of required documents for travel nurses, and we send these out to you as soon as possible to help make the process as quick and painless as possible. We can also help guide you through different licensing and compliance requirements for different states. Our team works with tens of thousands of travel nurses all around the country and can help answer your questions about licensing in different states, compliance documents for facilities, and certificates needed for your assignment.

Missing or late documents can cause contract delays or even cancellations, and no one wants that! That’s why we’re here to help. You work hard in your assignments, and the last thing we want is for you to feel stressed over paperwork.

Our credentialing specialists help monitor your credentialing and recredentialing process, keep your records on file in our secure database, and help prepare all your needed files to send to the client. We’re here to make it simple for you. We also offer reimbursement for licensure and credentialing costs when you need them for your assignments!

Explore the country as a travel nurse.
Joint Commission Certification for travel nurse agency

What Do I Need to Get Started Travel Nursing?

If you’re thinking of becoming a travel nurse, you might wonder what kind of documents you’ll need to gather for your first assignment. Our recruiters can help you through this process and even help you get organized.

Generally, the more documents you have at your fingertips, the better, as you never know when an assignment will ask for a more obscure document. Most travel nurses have both physical and digital copies of the documents they might need for an assignment.

Some documents you may need to get started as a travel nurse include:

  • Driver’s license
  • Passport
  • RN license
  • Certifications
  • Diploma
  • Fingerprint cards

You’ll also need to set up appointments for medical exams, like a physical exam, TB test, respirator fit test, drug screenings, and vaccinations if applicable. Our team can help you through this process to get you set up for your first assignment!

It’s also important to remember that many states will require you to have a license in that state. For example, if your primary residence isn’t in one of the states that accepts compact nursing licenses or if you’re taking an assignment in a state that isn’t part of the Nurse Licensure Compact, then you may need a temporary or permanent license for that state. In some cases, this can take some time to obtain, so talk to your recruiter about your career and destination goals. We’re here to help you make them happen and can help you get the licenses and certifications you need for your dream job.

Compliance & Licensing

Receive job alerts by saving your search!

Filter by:

  • Shift
  • Pay
  • Location
  • Specialty
  • Start Date

And receive only the jobs relevant to you in your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!